LAST UPDATED: May 31, 2014
Personal Information We May Collect
Two types of information are collected in connection with the Property: Personal Information and Other Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity. Other Information is addressed separately below, under the heading “OTHER INFORMATION”.
We and our third-party service providers may collect the following Personal Information from you:
- Postal address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Credit and debit card number
We and our third-party service providers collect Personal Information through the Property, for example, when you participate in various opportunities provided through the Property, such as:
- When you purchase a product or make a request.
- When you register for newsletters or other communications through the Properties.
- When you participate in a contest, promotion, sweepstakes, survey or other promotion through the Properties.
- When you participate in a blog or forum.
How We May Use Personal Information
We and our third-party service providers may use Personal Information:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to send newsletters to you or to provide you with information about our products and services.
- To send to you administrative information, including information regarding the Property and changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, to process your payments, have your order delivered to you, communicate with you regarding your purchase and provide you with related customer service.
- To send to you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, if you have indicated that you would like to receive this type of infyou (including, without limitation, by our third-party service providers that send direct mail, email, and other types of advertising to those whose email addresses we have collected).
- To personalize your experience on the Property by presenting products and offers tailored to you.
- To allow you to send messages (for example, music clips or artist information) to a friend through the Property. By using such functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing the Property, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public or government authorities, including public or government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates or artists; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, or that of our affiliates, our artists, you or others; or (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may combine Personal Information that you submit on or through the Property with information that we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, including from our own websites and web properties (including apps, widgets and players) and third-party sources, which may include social media services you interact with through our Properties. We treat such combined information as Personal Information as long as it is so combined.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our third-party service providers (and in some cases, our affiliates) who provide services such as hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfillment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing and other similar services to enable them to provide such services.
- To our affiliates, to permit them to send marketing communications to you. Warner Music Group is the party responsible for the management of jointly-used Personal Information.
- To unaffiliated third parties, to permit them to send marketing communications to you.
- To our artists (including any of the artists’ band members, if applicable) and their representatives, so that the artists and their representatives may use this information to send to you communications (including marketing communications) that they believe may be of interest to you, including, for example, if you (a) sign up to join the applicable artist’s mailing list and/or to receive such artist’s newsletters, (b) register with the applicable artist’s website, or (c) have otherwise indicated that you would like to receive information and/or marketing communications from the applicable artist. We do not control, and are not responsible for, artists’ and their representatives’ use of Personal Information.
- To third parties that sponsor contests, sweepstakes and similar promotions.
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages on or through the Property.
- The use of these technologies allows our third-party vendors to deliver advertisements about our products and services, and the products and services of third parties, when you use the Property or other applications or visit websites or web properties across the Internet. These vendors may place so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar technologies on the device through which you access the Property, and other applications or websites across the Internet, and also place or recognize third-party cookies when you use the Property, or other applications, websites or web properties. These vendors may use information about your visits to the Property, and other applications, websites or web properties (excluding your name, address, email address and telephone number) to provide advertisements for us and others about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative at email@example.com.
- Receiving marketing-related SMS text messages from us and our affiliates: If you do not want to receive marketing-related SMS text messages from us and our affiliates on a going-forward basis, you may opt-out from receiving such messages by texting back “STOP” or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our sharing of your Personal Information with artists or unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes: If you prefer that we not share your Personal Information on a going-forward basis with artists or unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt-out from such sharing by emailing us at email@example.com.
In each case, please make clear in your email what you are opting-out from. We will try to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that, if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our artists or unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request. Please also note that, if you do opt-out from receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send administrative messages to you; you cannot opt-out from receiving administrative messages.
How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress, delete or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, you may contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your request, please make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed and what limitations (if any) you would like to place on our use of your Personal Information. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, and there may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records which will not be removed. We are not responsible for changing, removing or suppressing information from the databases of artists or unaffiliated third parties with which we have already shared your Personal Information.
Warner Music Group
New York, NY 10019
Attn: Privacy Coordinator
Please note that email communications are not always secure, so please do not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email messages to us.